Slideshow Image 1 Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 9 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 8 Slideshow Image 9

Pages

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Sunday, February 21, 2010

I ♥ Faces- Hands on Fun!

My daughter is determined, independent, selfless and dedicated. She is five. The local rotary club has started collecting soda can tabs for a cancer patient. They told us that every milk jug you fill up goes toward one chemo treatment. There is a club here called Teens against brain cancer, the president has an aunt suffering from cancer. My daughter saw a half filled milk jug at my husband's work and decided she better start a collection of her own. Every time we are out and she sees a stranger drinking from a soda can she walks right up to them and asks for their tab. She will pull cans from the trash and tell anyone she sees about what she is doing. In the past month I have enjoyed watching her, she is so into collecting these tabs. It has only been a month and she has collected almost 10,000 tabs, she amazes me. People have been telling their friends and we are being flooded with soda can tabs from people. Last week the rotary club invited her to breakfast and presented her with a signed picture frame for her selfless service to others, she couldn't stop talking about the danish she ate. I am certainly a proud Mom. So, if you see Kali coming...get ready to fork over your tab! Check out other hands on photos over at I heart faces!
Photobucket

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! Well, if she got a signed photo frame, then you have the photo to put in it! I love the processing, but I love the story and your girl's heart even more! Well done, momma! And well done, Kali!!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful story! I love that she is five! The picture is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I just love the story behind the image....makes it that much more powerful. Beautiful!

Sharon said...

Cute and Cute!! I'm proud of your daughter!!

Pics by Mic said...

Too cute! Great job!

Unknown said...

You always have the BEST entries! :-) I LOVE this one - the story behind it is great too - what a sweet, cute little girly!

Unknown said...

I love so much the story behind this picture! I am SO glad that you won this week. How exciting to have a winning picture that has such a great meaning behind it! Way to go! : ) And way to go to your little girl for helping make the world a more beautiful place!

DSR said...

Beautiful story, beautiful daughter, beautiful photo, beautful B&W. and you're a winner, so a beatiful ending too!

Post a Comment